Morning Star believes God’s love is not reserved for those inside a church building. It is free to you and anyone who receives it. We GO BOLDLY to share God’s hope and love outside the church through partnerships, community events and service projects.
Hear the story of God’s love for you — right here.
COVID-19 shifts ideas about serving. We can’t we rely on a church building. We can’t count on working hand-in-hand. But, maybe … just maybe … God reveals ministry in the way He intended. The church is its people.
Perspective shifts take time to adopt. We have a choice. Wait it out until things return to “normal”. Or get creative and serve despite the challenge of protocols and restrictions.
Check out these ideas: (We will post more as we are aware.)
- Share a smile and kind words at the grocery store, over the phone or in social media comments.
- When doing family errands, ask a neighbor what you can pick up for them. Drop items on their doorstep –include a surprise.
- Give local restaurant gift cards to someone who needs a lift.
- Mail letters or cards to family and friends.
- Call or video chat with someone who needs encouraged.
- Email or text scripture verses or devotionals.
- Invite others to watch a Morning Star message (from home). Meet digitally or safely in person for coffee and talk about it.
- Do someone’s yard work.
- Be a voice of hope and encouragement on social media.