Morning Star believes God’s love is not reserved for those inside a church building. It is free to you and anyone who receives it. We GO BOLDLY to share God’s hope and love outside the church through partnerships, community events and service projects.
Hear the story of God’s love for you — right here.
COVID-19 shifts ideas about serving. We can’t we rely on a church building. We can’t count on working hand-in-hand. But, maybe … just maybe … God reveals ministry in the way He intended. The church is its people.
Perspective shifts take time to adopt. We have a choice. Wait it out until things return to “normal”. Or get creative and serve despite the challenge of protocols and restrictions.
Check out these ideas: (We will post more as we are aware.)
Morning Star cannot do the work of God’s mission without plenty of hands to help. If you fit one of these roles or want more information on it, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know someone, forward the information!
All positions are volunteer unless otherwise indicated.
- OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR acts as the hub of the office to keep schedules running smoothly and the building operating for effective ministry. This is a paid staff position. Check out the job description.
- FINANCIAL SECRETARY oversees the team who counts the tithes and offerings each Sunday morning.
- SMALL GROUP LEADERS facilitate a group of less than 10 members in studying the Bible using the Scriptures, books and/or guided studies.
- GEAUGA FAITH RESCUE MISSION helps those without a place to sleep (for a variety of reasons). The trials of this year and extreme temperatures bring increased needs for help in Geauga County. Consider making a monetary donation, participating in AmazonSmile, or contact the mission for ways to volunteer time.
- THE BACK-TO-SCHOOL CLOTHES CLOSET (a partnership between Morning Star and Geauga County Job & Family Services) rolls out every August. But now is the time to set aside new or gently used clothing to donate as you clean out closets or do spring cleaning. We will start collecting toward the end of July.
- Shovel your neighbor’s drive or walkway.
- Organize a clothing drive for a family facing job loss.
- Collect gift cards for a family struggling with health issues.
- Double your dinner and deliver half to a shut in neighbor.
- Share a smile and kind words at the grocery store, over the phone or in social media comments.
- Mail letters or cards to family and friends.
- Call or video chat with someone who needs encouragement.
- Email or text scripture verses or devotionals.
- Invite others to watch a Morning Star message (from home). Meet digitally or safely in person for coffee, and talk about it.
- Be a voice of hope and encouragement on social media.