Morning Star believes God’s love is not reserved for those inside a church building. It is free to you and anyone who receives it. We GO BOLDLY to share God’s hope and love outside the church through partnerships, community events and service projects.
Hear the story of God’s love for you — right here.
Our circumstances do not limit God’s call to serve. Often, the most trying times reveal His power to work through us when we have little to give.
We can share generously of our time and resources from home, our car, in-person or wherever we might be. Morning Star, the community and your neighborhood benefit from this kind of kingdom serving!
Check out these ideas: (We will post more as we are aware.)
Morning Star cannot do the work of God’s mission without plenty of hands to help. If you fit any of these roles or want more information on it, email email@example.com. If you know someone, forward the information!
All positions are volunteer unless otherwise indicated.
- HIRING! OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR acts as the hub of the office to keep schedules running smoothly and the building operating for effective ministry. This is a paid part-time staff position. Check out the job description.
- The YOUTH RETREAT TEAM is looking for you to partner with them in hosting this year’s retreat! A few items are still needed …
- An assistant coordinator and helpers to plan these retreats in the future! Jeni Johnston is our retreat coordinator and needs help! Contact Vickie or Jenn to get the details.
- Food team members to make food, serve it, eat with our teens and clean up! Establishing relationships between teens and adults helps our youth feel connected to the church into adulthood.
- Questions? Call/text Jenn 440.708-6196 or Vickie 440.667.6741
- FINANCIAL SECRETARY oversees the team who counts the tithes and offerings each Sunday morning. Check out the role description.
- CHILDREN’S TEACHERS impact lives with God’s Word on Sunday mornings. Grades K-5 classrooms need teachers. Contact Pastor Nick, firstname.lastname@example.org, for details.
- SMALL GROUP LEADERS facilitate a group of less than 10 members in studying the Bible using the Scriptures, books and/or guided studies.
- GEAUGA FAITH RESCUE MISSION helps those without a place to sleep (for a variety of reasons). The trials of this year and extreme temperatures bring increased needs for help in Geauga County. Consider making a monetary donation, participating in AmazonSmile, or contact the mission for ways to volunteer time.
- THE BACK-TO-SCHOOL CLOTHES CLOSET (a partnership between Morning Star and Geauga County Job & Family Services) rolls out every August. But now is the time to set aside new or gently used clothing to donate as you clean out closets or do spring cleaning. We will start collecting toward the end of July.
- Offer rides to medical appointments for those without transportation.
- Deliver or plant flowers for a busy friend.
- Offer yard clean up services.
- Collect gift cards for a family struggling with health issues.
- Double your dinner and deliver half to a shut in neighbor.
- Share a smile and kind words at the grocery store, over the phone or in social media comments.
- Call or video chat with someone who needs encouragement.
- Email or text scripture verses or devotionals.
- Invite others to attend Morning Star and stay for coffee after service.
- Be a voice of hope and encouragement on social media.